Illustrated by Abigail Phoenix

Staycation ideas for your summer at home

At-home spa day/ pamper evening Either with friends, family, or a partner you could either visit a spa or treat…

At-home spa day/ pamper evening

Either with friends, family, or a partner you could either visit a spa or treat yourself to an at-home spa experience.

By having a pamper evening at home you could save money and have just as much fun! All you need are a few items such as a face mask or some nail varnish and with a few candles and relaxing music could have a very chilled and enjoyable evening!

Learning a new hobby

I have started making things with air-dry clay and have really enjoyed making things I find on Pinterest for inspiration!

This hobby is relatively inexpensive, and I get my supplies from Hobbycraft, all you need to get started is some airdry clay, utensils, and paints if you wish, although you can purchase different coloured clay.

Board game night

Me and my friends enjoy having board game nights where we play games such as Uno or Monopoly with lots of drinks and snacks!

Board game nights are also a way of socialising and drinking with friends, just in a different setting to usual drinking spots such as a pub, or beer garden.

Movie night

Similar to board game nights, you could host a movie night either at home or in the garden if you have a projector, and with snacks and drinks, this could be a really nice way to spend the evening!

Camping

Camping with friends is a great way to have a staycation, my friends and I will be camping in Leeds over the summer for the Leeds Music Festival, so this is a weekend I am particularly looking forward to at the end of August!

You could choose to camp somewhere local or travel a little way to explore a new area!