Dissertation binding and other library support services

The library provides a range of support for students, with the library itself being open 24/7 and the library support…

The library provides a range of support for students, with the library itself being open 24/7 and the library support desk being open from 8.30am to 4.30pm.

Binding services

The library provides a binding service which is perfect for providing your dissertation with a final professional touch to your hard work when giving to your friends and family to read, or when taking photos around Lincoln.

There are two types of binding that the university offers

• Plastic spiral binding (£1 per item)
  • Metal spine binding (£3 per item)

I really enjoyed having my dissertation plastic spiral bound as it was nice to fully print out my dissertation and give it a final official touch after many months of writing!

This service does not require booking, simply print out your pages of your work and go to the Enquiries Desk on the bottom floor of the library, and the staff will bind the work for you.

The service does not require booking, however if you go to the desk during busy times, there may be a queue so do plan your time accordingly!

Writing development

The library offers writing development support where you can book an appointment, either online or in person, and have a member of the library staff provide you with writing development support.

This support could be to answer any general questions you may have, or this could be regarding a specific assignment that is ongoing within your course.

I found this service helpful to access throughout my undergraduate degree in psychology as it was helpful to receive support on my assignments, particularly regarding the structure and critical evaluation skills.

My psychology degree had a varied range of assignments including, research reports, essays, and critical appraisals. Therefore, it was reassuring to seek support about how to structure my assignments and tips on how to improve my evaluation to become more critical.

Referencing help

The library provides referencing guides for all referencing types for the varying courses. By going to the library desk, you can claim your free referencing guide!

These guides are informative and come in an online form too!

The guides provides referencing help for all sources, such as articles, books, websites, and software.