Hi! I'm Sally and I'm a third year Psychology student. I love music, photography and going to watch West End shows. I am very passionate about mental health and am currently the Mental Health Project Editor.
It’s world baking day! Baking can be such a great way to de-stress and have some you time! If you’re not sure where to start, then I have some great recipes that have gone down very well with my friends and family!
So, for the gooiest brownies you’ve ever tasted you’ll need:
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 and 1/8 cup of caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup of plain flower
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Loads of chocolate chips
- Chunks of chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
- Put parchment paper/baking paper into a square baking pan and set aside
- Combine the hot melted butter, oil and sugar together in bowl and whisk. Add the eggs and the vanilla and beat together.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Then, fold all the ingredients together until combined.
- Add in chunks of chocolate bar and mix in white and milk chocolate chips.
- Place mixture into the baking pan and put on the top shelf of the oven for around 20-25 minutes.
- If testing with a knife, the knife should come out a little dirty to ensure the brownies are gooey.
- Allow brownie to cool before cutting into smaller brownies.
This recipe is so good and will definitely give you really good brownies. I recommend putting on your favourite music and putting on your pyjamas to make these!