Hi everyone my name is Hannah and I'm a third year student studying Biomedical Science. I'll be starting my MSc in Data Science and Applied Analytics next year. Outside of university I've really enjoyed teaching myself to crochet over the…
Halloween is the perfect excuse to dress up and have a have a great night out (or in!) with your friends, however choosing a costume can be time-consuming and a little stressful when everything has a 3–5-day delivery time! In this article I’ll show you some easy costume ideas which are instantly recognisable but can be created from things you already own at home, saving time and money.
- The Matrix – When you think of the matrix you think a black coat and sunglasses! Simply choose an all-black outfit, maybe some boots or one of the leather blazers which are very on trend right now and dig out either sunglasses or a pair of old 3D glasses from the cinema, slick back your hair and you’re done! This could also work as a group outfit and is gender-neutral too!
- Regina George – One of Regina George’s most iconic looks is her cut-out top which starts a new trend in the school! Simply cut out holes in a white tank top and wear a bright coloured top underneath, such a simple outfit that will be instantly recognisable and very amusing!
- Scooby Doo – Why not get your housemates together and dress up as the mystery gang! Simply choose who will be who and use each character’s iconic colours to create an outfit, the type of clothing doesn’t matter as the colours will give away the character, like Velma’s orange and red pallet! Although each character can be done individually this would look amazing as a group costume and provides some good bonding time with either new flatmates or old friends!
- Saw – If you prefer a more classic horror figure why not go as Saw! Simply wear a white shirt and suit jacket with black bottoms and a red bowtie, this can be made from paper if you don’t have one! The spiral cheeks can be done with red lipstick and eyeliner can be used to black out your eyes and give a puppet mouth! The spiral cheeks instantly give it away as a simple yet effective look which you don’t need to be a make-up artist to do!
- Morticia and Gomez – A great couple’s outfit is Morticia and Gomez from the Addams Family! For Morticia wear a simple black dress and for make-up wear blue eyeshadow and red lipstick with black eyebrows. A long black wig could be bought from Poundland, and you could even buy some red roses as a prop! Gomez wears a black suit with slicked hair, eyeliner to draw on a moustache and a severed hand could also be bought from Poundland and stuck to your shoulder for added effect! This could even be a group outfit by adding more family members!