Student Bakes… Banana Bread
Suitable for vegans! 🌱 What better way to make use of the time lockdown gives us to explore new skills than learning to bake. In this video Aaron caves and finally makes banana bread – and so can you, just follow the recipe below!
3 Large Ripe Bananas
75ml vegetable oil or sunflower oil
100g brown sugar
225g plain flour
3 heaped tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon or mixed spice
50g dried fruit or nuts (optional)
To bake your banana bread…
1. Preheat your oven to 180C fan, or gas mark 6.
2. Mash your bananas with a fork, then mix well with your vegetable oil and sugar.
3. Add your flour, baking powder, and cinnamon and combine well.
4. (optional) Add your dried fruit or nuts.
5. Bake for 40 minutes. After 20, check on it – is the top going dark brown? If yes, cover it with foil before letting it bake for the remainder of the time.
6. Check that it’s cooked with a knife, if it’s not, return to the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Slice and enjoy!
Based on: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/vegan-banana-bread