Person holding phone at night

Apps I use day to day at uni

All around us technology is taking over, and if you’re anything like me then you can’t leave home without a collection of tech to get you through the day. At uni, I rely on my tech for many reasons; I have an app for everything you can think of, so here are some of my favourites that I can’t live without.

Keep track of your spending with Yolt

Yolt is great for seeing where your money is going. It categorises your spending and also divides them by retailer. I used this to see what I was spending on average for each category, in order to make a sensible budget (as well as seeing how much I was spending on things that I really didn’t need!) If you struggle to look after your money like me then download the Yolt app.

White Piggy Bank on Brown Wooden Surface

Mi casa, tu casa, Acasa

Acasa has saved me from countless awkward conversations with the people I have lived with. The app splits the cost of any shared household items and allows you to make sure everyone is contributing equally. The last thing you want is to be chasing someone up because they haven’t paid for bin liners all year, so luckily the app does that for you!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Rh3ZWArJI/

For on the go working

OneDrive is great to have on your phone or tablet so you can access your work wherever you are. You may have ten minutes between lectures where you can work on your assignments, or you can download your lecture slides ready for the day. It also makes it really easy to share files with other people, and it’s available to use with your university email.

Making the most of being a student

This one is obvious! As a student is there a more important app than this? Unidays offers student discount from hundreds of retailers. The app is free and only takes your university email to set up. I use it as much as I can to get money off my everyday purchases. Unidays also have a website where you can secure some amazing discounts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4KGG7GlDQZ/

At the end of the day…

If after a long day in uni you want to relax, I use the Headspace app to do this. They have many free sessions to help with anything from stress release to sleeping, and I use this app daily in my routines.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4H18hTDO8w/

These five apps are a necessity for me in my daily life and hopefully you can find a use for them too! If you think of another app that you can’t live without and think it will benefit other students, be sure to share them with us on our social media pages.

This article is featured on Learning at Lincoln. 

Please note: This content was created prior to Coronavirus, and some things might be different due to current laws and restrictions. Please refer to the University of Lincoln for the latest information.