HEALTH AND WELFARE, STUDYING

How to: wind down

There’s no denying that student life can be stressful. You might be juggling assignments and lectures, with a part-time job and maybe society commitments? But are you making time for yourself?

We know the drill, pick two: social life, enough sleep and good grades.

That doesn’t necessarily have to be the case! Allowing time to wind down after a stressful day will help you get enough sleep; if you get enough sleep you’re more likely to get good grades; and I am sure every student will always make time for a Wednesday night out at Quack!

via GIPHY

So these are my tips on how to wind down after a day of running around like a headless chicken trying to achieve that first class honours degree…

Listen to music.

I have a chill-out playlist on my Spotify and after a stressful day, I will listen to music and put my feet up. Whilst listening to music isn’t going to solve all your problems, it may help you to relax. Can’t get to sleep at night? Listen to music. Cooking? Listen to music. Cleaning the house (which you probably should have done three weeks ago)? Listen to music. It works – I promise.

Run a bath.

I’m a strong believer in the fact that there’s no mood that a hot bath can’t fix. Has it been an extra difficult day? Throw in a Lush bath bomb for good measure.

Drink tea.

Whilst fruit tea always seems to smell better than it tastes *cries*, drinking something warm can generally just help you to feel less stressed. It’s probably the motions of stopping what you’re doing to make the tea which actually calms you down, but still. 10/10 would recommend. (Wouldn’t recommend coffee, you’ll be up all night!)

Order a pizza.

Treat yo’ self! There’s absolutely nothing worse than coming in from a busy day at uni and then having to cook. Let’s be honest you don’t even want the quinoa avocado salad that you’re forcing yourself to eat because you’re ‘dieting’. Order a pizza and live your best life!!

via GIPHY

Hope these tips have helped – enjoy your pizza and sleep well!

Tagged:
,
,

Meet the author

Emily Jackson

I’m Emily, I’m a second year journalism student at the University of Lincoln. My life goal is to go into broadcast journalism and I’m already well on my way, as I’m currently the News Editor at Siren Radio. I absolutely love to dance and I’m a member of the dance society - I enjoy singing too (although that’s not my strong point).